Search This Blog

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Things I Learned in 2012

(Once again, thanks to my friend Heather as I steal her idea for a year in review...)

I learned more about SuperPACs from a political pundit and faux newscaster (Stephen Colbert) who took them for a spin around the block with his own SuperPAC "Americans for A Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow." (start video below at time marker 3:47)

 
 I am waiting for Stephen Colbert to simplify the college application process.

When you start walking almost every day, you eat better and clothes fit better.

When you stop walking almost every day.....oh, you know the rest.

North Carolina is a very beautiful state with changing landscapes.

I can drive for 8 hours and not turn into a pumpkin. .

Skype is the best free thing around.  It took me to London, Milan and Hawaii.

Hearing my freshly minted 21-year-old order a drink with dinner is weird.

Toasting to my freshly minted 21-year-old is satisfying.

Making a photo book using Shutterfly's endless options can turn into a full time job.

Our childhood is everything, but not the only thing.

Helping backstage at Rock West's Nutcracker was fun every time.

Dancers are athletes who happen to dress fancier.

How we treat our children says everything about us.
 
Baronness Schraeder (The Sound of Music) is not a demon - she's just misunderstood. (This is for my dear friend Joanie who has voted herself President of the soon to be formed 'Baroness Fan Club')

Opening zany gifts on Christmas Eve turns me into a 10-year-old girl.

Photos of star forming nebula and all things outer space silence me. (Thanks to my brother, Joe, for sharing this on Christmas Eve.)

.
from http://blog.sciencemusings.com/2012/12/o-holy-night.html

Happy 2013 to all!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment